Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Close match, but...Coffee>Wi-fi.

The New York Times has reported here on a survey seeking to determine the most cherished indulgence of American "millennials." When asked whether Coffee, TV or Wi-Fi would be the most difficult to forgo for a week, 75% of Americans (aged 17-29, mind you) chose Wi-Fi.

For me, TV was rendered inessential with the coming of Hulu. Furthermore, since forgoing Wi-Fi doesn't seem to mean forgoing The Internet altogether, I could make due without the 24/7 search for wireless connectivity in my car, at work or on a plane, etc.

Coffee, on the other hand, is simply irreplaceable. I am the kind of coffee-drinker that cannot replace coffee with other caffeinated beverages, and will suffer unrelenting headaches no matter the interventions of tea, soda or No-Doz. I'm convinced of coffee's unique psycho-activity above and beyond caffeine, for one, and its incomparable taste, for two.

Then again, I haven't had Mountain Dew for breakfast since my Sega Genesis days. Shout out: Kid Chameleon, Shinobi 3 &, of course, Sonic the Hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment